Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our trip to Richmond, Virginia

So we decided to drive to Richmond, Virginia last week to visit Family. This is a picture of us at my cousin Linda's house. We stayed with her over night on our way there. She lives in Louisville, KY. The girls loved her. When we got to Virginia my cousin Danial and his family gave us directions to Jamestown (the first colony of America)
We took a ferry to Jamestown.
Us on the top level of the ferry.


Our car on the ferry.
We went to St. James museum, replica of the fort, ships and Indian huts.
Justin in the Platoon learning how to protect us against the opposing forces.
Becca and the girls in front of the Indian Huts.
Abbi grinding corn into corn meal.
Becca and the girls in a Indian hut.
Justin and the girls in a ship the actual size of the ones they sailed over on. There were places that Justin could not stand up, that is where the passengers lived down with the cargo and cannons.
Justin and Abbi getting ready for army patrol.
A replica of the fort in St. James.



Our drive home 15 hours in the car.

2 comments:

Amen Family said...

That looks like tons of fun. Man we need to go to Virginia. How are you all doing?

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

Becca, I was so glad I found your blog! You have a cute family! This is Heidi Beahm by the way. I would love to add you to my contacts and hope you do the same. I hope you're doing well, I miss the softball clan.